Nothing can prepare you for the sound of thousands of children singing in harmony. Young Voices combines the power of singing together as one, with accompaniment from a wide range of musicians and artists, to create an amazing performance.
Every year, schools across the country practise the songs to prepare themselves to take part in these massive concerts. This year we are attending the SSE Arena, Wembley on Friday 7th February 2020. With a full live band, backing singers and the internationally acclaimed conductor David Lawrence, it makes for one of the most exciting and memorable musical experiences you can imagine.
Singing in such a large choir means you don’t have to be a great singer – as long as you sing 'loud and proud' you’ll have a fantastic experience! We would encourage any child who wishes to experience a massive, live music concert to consider joining us.
- The children should come to school as normal dressed in full school uniform and suitable walking shoes.
- We will be leaving the school at 11.45 am for rehearsals after they have had a school lunch.
- The children will also be provided with a packed lunch for the evening as it is a long day. Please ensure they bring with them a rucksack for their packed lunch with a healthy snack and an extra non-fizzy drink (not in a glass bottle).
- We will travel to Wembley by train from Manor Park to Liverpool Street and by tube to Wembley Park with 6 members of staff.
- There will be a coach to collect them at the end of the concert and bring them back to Avenue. The concert finishes at 9.15pm and the children will return to Avenue at approximately 10.30 pm (depending on the traffic). Please collect your child from school, they cannot be collected from the venue.
Click the links below if you wish to purchase tickets to watch the performance and to find out more information.